Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Short and Sweet. Just like yr Valentine.

Solving the “St. Valentine’s Day Problem.”
Well, hello there, Sexsters! As you may have noticed, it’s St. Valentine’s Day, that extra special day of the year where we celebrate “Love.” And, since this blog just so happens to be dedicated to the “Art of Love,” I feel that I would be so remiss in NOT posting a new blog entry on this holy of unholiest days that I would probably have to fire myself. In fact, if I didn’t post something new on Valentine’s Day, I fear that Bloghands, the almighty Arch-Daeva of the blogosphere, would probably reduce me to a fine ash right here in my computer chair. And nobody wants that, except maybe for Bloghands, who I’m told can be a rather vindictive and sadistic Arch-Daeva indeed.   
Anyway, the most obvious question to ask about St. Valentine’s Day (hereby to be referred to as “SVD,” so as to make it sound as much like something you contract after group sex with a hair metal band as possible) is- “What should I do on SVD if I’m in a relationship?” The second most obvious question is “What should I do on SVD if I’m single?
And, of course, the simple answer to these questions is “something nice with your loved one” and “mope,” respectively.  Duh.
So, today’s lesson is simple, straight to the point. Brutal, even, in its simplicity.
But wait. There are alternatives. And, better still, these alternatives are not mutually exclusive with the aforementioned options!
I say, we need to galvanize SVD as one of those wonderful “cheap excuse to drink in excess” holidays.
Yeah. Just like St. Patrick’s Day and New Year’s Eve and Cinco De Mayo.
I mean, it’s practically already there. All we need to do is come out and say it!
February 14th is no longer a day reserved for flowers and candy and the all consuming feeling that, even if you aren’t necessarily “alone,” per se, you’re more or less bound to die that way.
So, belly up to the bar, with or without your sweetheart, and raise a glass with SEX WITH ME IS RAD- the Love Blog that wants you to want it, Needs you to need it. LOVES you to LOVE it. And all that Jazz.  
   

No comments:

Post a Comment